Since most estate cleanouts happen during stressful times we want you to know our crew will handle your cleanout with the utmost respect and integrity throughout the process.
Once our crew arrives you can show them the items you want to keep, what you would like to donate and what items to throw away. We will responsibly dispose of your items by either recycling (whenever possible) or donating them to a local charity. Betty Griffin House in St Augustine Beach is one of our preferred charities. When items are donated we will send you a tax-deductible receipt.
1. Locate financial documents. If a loved one has passed their taxes still need filed and other important documents need to be found and saved.
You will need to find their will, trusts, vehicle titles, life insurance policies, real estate deeds, bank statements, 401k, tax returns, stock certificates, etc. and store them in a safe place.
2. Keep the memorabilia. If you're preparing for an estate clean-out due to a passing, hold on to their pictures, scrapbooks, and trinkets as a keepsake. Items like family photos are worth a thousand words. Keep photos, trinkets, collectables, etc. You’ll be glad you did.
3. Connect with family and share items. Oftentimes, this is one of the more difficult steps to take. Figuring out who ends up with what items can be estressful at times. Try to ask each family member to write down things they would like to receive and work on a fair distribution.
4. Find an appraiser. If you have any high-end pieces, antiques, etc. that possibly hold value, it pays to have an estate appraiser stop by and help assign a value.
5. Sell or donate the rest. While it isn’t easy getting rid of a loved one’s items, you probably can’t take it all home. Take your time and decide what is important to you. If selling an item doesn’t feel right, maybe you would prefer to donate it to a local charity.
We're at your service! Owner Joe Mehm has lived and worked in St Augustine since 1984. We can move or deliver just about anything. From sofa's and TV's to whole homes, an office, warehouse, storage facility, etc.
We cover all of St Augustine, Palm Coast, Jacksonville, Durbin Crossing, Nocatee, Jacksonville, Fruit Cove, Green Cove Springs, Vilano Beach, Sawgrass, Cresent Beach, Hastings and more. Get your free price quote today!
We can also load and unload your truck, rearrange heavy items, light hauling and dump runs, home and office cleanout services.
Please provide some details using the form below.
Copyright © 2020, Auggie Movers of Saint Augustine, FL
A Division of Auggie Adventures LLC